We invite young academics to submit papers or essays on the future of a sustainable and inclusive financial sector.
The global financial sector continues to undergo rapid evolution with new technologies enabling the digitization of money, innovative trends involving artificial intelligence and DLT, and a greater focus on financing SMEs and financial inclusion. We see a long-term transition toward a sustainable financial industry, while in the short-term there is a need to support the economic recovery from the pandemic.
We invite young academics to submit papers or essays addressing one of the following topics:
- The future of finance, or what will financial centers look like in 2030
- How the financial sector can contribute to a sustainable economic recovery from the current pandemic
- Innovations in sustainable finance and their impact on the financial industry
- How financial centers can promote inclusive finance
- New ways of successfully financing small and medium-sized enterprises
We will also consider papers on topics not mentioned above, but relevant to the work of international financial centers.
The top three finalists will have the unique opportunity to present their research at WAIFC’s Annual General Meeting to be held in Casablanca, Morocco in October 2022. Our Chair will announce the winner of the best paper and award a prize of €3,000. The runners-up will be awarded prizes of €2,000 (2nd place) and €1,000 (3rd place).
How to apply?
Applications to submit your paper or essay may be made no later than 15 May 2022 via the submission form. Your final paper or essay must be submitted no later than 15 June 2022.